Javascript Menu by Deluxe-Menu.com
















Consecration of St. Barbara Monastery Chapel

With great joy, Abbess Victoria and the community of St. Barbara Monastery in Santa Paula, CA, announce that the consecration of the new monastery chapel dedicated to the Holy Martyrs Barbara and Eugene took place on Saturday, May 6th, 2017. His Eminence, the Most Reverend Archbishop Benjamin presided, assisted by His Grace, Bishop Daniel, some twenty priests and three deacons.

Over a hundred guests arrived to join in the Consecration Vigil on Friday evening, and that number swelled to nearly three hundred for the actual Service of Consecration and the Divine Liturgy on Saturday. Construction of the chapel began several years ago with a grant from the Diocese of the West. The grant was funded by sale of the property in Marin County known as St. Eugene Hermitage, where Archimandrite Dimitry (Egoroff) of blessed memory labored as a monk for some eighteen years and where the Monastery of St. John of Shanghai and San Francisco (now located in Manton) had its start. To this initial grant, representing about a quarter of the project’s cost, well over two hundred donors contributed to the chapel’s construction, offering financial gifts, labor and expertise, as well as the underwriting of icons and furnishings. The names of these many donors, founders of the chapel, are listed in the monastery diptychs for continued commemoration. May all who have participated be richly blessed!

The Project Manager for the chapel construction is Mitchell Denny, Jr., and the principal iconographer is Heather MacKean. Alexandar Adzic filmed the Consecration. A video should be available shortly along with photos from the event at the monastery website: www.stbarbaramonastery.org

Ss. Barbara and Eugene Chapel

Consecration

(23 images)


Share This:



< PreviousNext >
You might also like:




Bookmark and Share




 
© Diocese of the West. 1520 Green St, San Francisco, CA 94123; 415-567-WEST(9378)

Powered by Orthodox Web Solutions